Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Initial Post

Hi.

My name is Nicole Ferguson and I am currently completing a degree in Media Communications and Public Relations at the Queensland University of Technology.

This semester I am doing a subject called 'Virtual Cultures,' which focuses on the impact various new media technologies are having on societies, businesses, individuals and cultures. As one of my assessment pieces I am to make a blogging portfolio, discussing the themes we have looked in lectures and tutorials.

Some of the terms and subject matters which will be explored in this blog page include; Media convergence, Folksonomies, Smart Mobs, The Long Tail and online virtual communities. More themes will also arise as the semester progresses and I am introduced to more aspects of virtual culture.

No comments: